Provides the data for one or more records.
Provides record data as an array of record objects.
[ <[[#Record|record]]> ... ]
Provides record data as a delimiter separated values file. See the [[XINA API :: DSV Format|DSV format]] page for the syntax and more information.
Provides data for a single record as a JSON object.
|field name or label|
|blob name or label|
Certain types of data may be provided in a delimiter separated values format.
The default format of the separated values files is largely based on the RFC 4180 standard. The specific requirements are:
- lines end with
- line breaks cannot be used in values
- any field may be escaped
- the default quote character is
- any field containing the delimiter must be quoted
- an escape character in an escaped field must be represented by two escape characters
- the first record (row) must contain the names of each field for entries, or each group field for items
- blank lines with no data are ignored
The basic DSV format must explicitly specify a delimiter.
The TSV format uses
TAB as the default delimiter, but it may be overridden.
The CSV format uses
, (comma) as the default delimiter, but it may be overridden.